DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

1 hour ago, Kiwibobby said:

I disagree.  Switzerland, HK, and sing attracted billions in wealth because the rich believed their money was safe.  Safe from other gvts, safe from home country courts, angry ex wives, etc. billions n billions over the years.

now hk fucked it when the CCP made it clear they ruled the streets, with the rule of law becoming the rule of beijing in about 2011-12-13ish.  Money started to leave.  Switzerland fucked it when they rolled over to the US on tax evasion - after 500 years of telling other gvts to fuck off, the swiss caved.  I think that was about 2014-15?  The recent sanctions and now the CS law breaking to keep the globalists happy are the latest flashing light that the rule of law on private money ownership is dead.  I expect the outflows have accelerated.  Singapore is still pretty good, and I would guess their bankers are going to do very well now.

I don't disagree with your points but I wouldn't agree these amount to the repudiation of CHF as a safe haven currency.

Fundamentally the currency reflects the highest current account surplus as a %age of GDP in the world and whilst this inflow remains it will support the currency - this is a function of trade rather than banking. Yes there are financial safe haven flows as well which will diminish due to the points you made but those are insufficient to ultimately outweigh the trade flows in the long term.

Switzerland has had consistently lower interest rates than other G7 economies since GFC yet has outperformed them all, even the mighty dollar. Standard economic theory suggest the lower interest rate currency should weaken against the higher interest rate currency and this is true when everything else is equal. However the reality of trade flows vastly outweigh this differential and for that to change then there has to be a vast structural change in the Swiss economy for that dynamic to alter.

Edited by moneyscam
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 4

1 hour ago, Noallegiance said:

I'll just leave this here from LinkedIn.....

SnipImage.JPG

That is absolutely amazing.  Where do you even start? 

Edited by Loki
  • Lol 2

geordie_lurch
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I think you pay him £29 pcm to join his InLiv Community @Loki xD

Edited by geordie_lurch
  • Lol 11

Just now, geordie_lurch said:

I think you pay him £29 pcm to join his InLiv Community @Loki xD

I'm more interested in his time machine than his investment advice

He does own a time machine right?xD

• Lol 8

Noallegiance
12 minutes ago, Loki said:

I know.

My initial reaction was to write a lengthy accompanying post. Then I realised I just needed to put it in the right place and the group of people on here would be thinking exactly the same as me. No additional words required.

• Agree 3
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 1

Interesting article on offshore oil drilling activity/where that exploration is happening, and the shortage of rigs. Offshore drilling/service companies look a good sector play?... just a pity they don't pay divis!

https://www.westwoodenergy.com/news/westwood-insight/westwood-insight-global-marketed-offshore-rig-utilisation-to-average-95-in-2023

Edited by JMD
  • Informative 2

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm more interested in his time machine than his investment advice

He does own a time machine right?xD

Yes, he hired it at the same time as he hired the Lamborghini for his YouTube "You can make millions like me" promotional video.

• Lol 2

5 minutes ago, Eventually Right said:

First Majestic always seemed way overpriced to me, despite at one stage owning 20 Precious metals stocks i never owned them.  Retail investors who believed the hype are about to/have been fleeced.

They are not the first silver miner to get in trouble by diversifying into Gold mines, the mightiest (and deadest) Panther was another.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, F150 said:

Gold tanking and DXY

I said 10 days straight gains, then i will believe it. It only lasted 2.

Disclosure: I am heavy in the miners.

Virgil Caine
3 hours ago, Kiwibobby said:

I disagree.  Switzerland, HK, and sing attracted billions in wealth because the rich believed their money was safe.  Safe from other gvts, safe from home country courts, angry ex wives, etc. billions n billions over the years.

now hk fucked it when the CCP made it clear they ruled the streets, with the rule of law becoming the rule of beijing in about 2011-12-13ish.  Money started to leave.  Switzerland fucked it when they rolled over to the US on tax evasion - after 500 years of telling other gvts to fuck off, the swiss caved.  I think that was about 2014-15?  The recent sanctions and now the CS law breaking to keep the globalists happy are the latest flashing light that the rule of law on private money ownership is dead.  I expect the outflows have accelerated.  Singapore is still pretty good, and I would guess their bankers are going to do very well now.

It is not just the AT1 write down that was a bit murky given CS never went into full bankruptcy resolution. The Swiss government and banking regulator also legislated over the weekend to deny shareholders any vote on the matter. One might say that CS equity holders had no choice but you might have thought UBS shareholders would have been given a vote on any takeover. As one Middle Eastern investor pointed this made a mockery of western claims to respect democracy, legal due process and the right to property. This is just the sort of behaviour that one would expect from a dictatorship. 

• Agree 10

2 hours ago, Majorpain said:

First Majestic always seemed way overpriced to me, despite at one stage owning 20 Precious metals stocks i never owned them.  Retail investors who believed the hype are about to/have been fleeced.

They are not the first silver miner to get in trouble by diversifying into Gold mines, the mightiest (and deadest) Panther was another.

Sold them at a 20% loss. Will by some telcos instead.

• Informative 1

HousePriceMania
5 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

So the Swiss government [or the Swiss people] have had the 'courage'/fortitude to do the right thing....I'm not sure if I am projecting a stereotype here, but the Swiss people/nation [and their behaviour] appear to have a societal maturity that supports a stronger [happier?] collective society rather than a weaker individualistic one.....be  interesting to know your viewpoint [or others] @moneyscam as someone who has lived there, rather than just visited like myself.

IIRC, the Swiss people all own guns, something to do with Army/Defence of the country.

Lets hope they use them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21379912

Gun ownership in selected countries

"All healthy Swiss men aged between 18 and 34 are obliged to do military service and all are issued with assault rifles or pistols which they are supposed to keep at home."

Edited by HousePriceMania
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

leonardratso

for the scouse landlord - the irony of his preamble and then to ask for money (unlike the other grifters who ask for money).

• Agree 2
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 1

honkydonkey
1 hour ago, HousePriceMania said:

IIRC, the Swiss people all own guns, something to do with Army/Defence of the country.

Lets hope they use them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21379912

Gun ownership in selected countries

"All healthy Swiss men aged between 18 and 34 are obliged to do military service and all are issued with assault rifles or pistols which they are supposed to keep at home."

Since they're not issued bullets unless it's an emergency they just make for heavy whacking implements.

He shakes out the gun holster. "And we don't get bullets any more," he adds. "The Army doesn't give ammunition now - it's all kept in a central arsenal." This measure was introduced by Switzerland's Federal Council in 2007.

Funnily enough this fact is regularly omitted when mentioning Switzerland's huge gun ownership rates.

Edited by honkydonkey
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 2

belfastchild
5 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

I'll just leave this here from LinkedIn.....

SnipImage.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/@InsideLiverpool

The promo video is brilliant. 2:15 is probably the most liverpool thing Ive heard in ages!

Anyway, fuck that, just ask Robbie Fowler 'We all live in a Robbie Fowler house, a robbie fowler house'

Asking price of 90-100k for 2 beds out near where the new Kirkby North station is going... Bargain...

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 3

leonardratso

hahaha terrible series of pretty unprofessional youtube videos with big gaps in broadcasting with hardly any views and the open ones hardly any comments, @Loki is absolutely right, its like watching shit 10 years ago, ive seen better videos that are just people throwing eggs at each other.

• Lol 1