DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

John Lewis - Never Knowingly Having Retail Experience.

Battenberg

On 05/07/2022 at 17:31, MightyTharg said:

I thought the whole point was that if you had a couple of sprogs and did 20 hours a week minimum wage you earned more than the manager on fifty K? Has it changed?

I thought the SW was full of millionaires on tax credits? (I only know one).

my neighbours are all farmers or retirees with huge pensions. some of the farmers get subsidies for layaside or whatever which is sort of tax credits on steroids.

Post Brexit our gov scheme is only for those with min 100 or 300 acres or something. My few acres which are genuinely providing wildlife habitat get nowt unless i find another mil. or so to buy more land. Scrounger in chief charley boy and horse face get (100's of) millions.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3

7 minutes ago, BWW said:

my neighbours are all farmers or retirees with huge pensions. some of the farmers get subsidies for layaside or whatever which is sort of tax credits on steroids.

Post Brexit our gov scheme is only for those with min 100 or 300 acres or something. My few acres which are genuinely providing wildlife habitat get nowt unless i find another mil. or so to buy more land. Scrounger in chief charley boy and horse face get (100's of) millions.

The local lord up here is going all out rewilding. Apparently, lots of bennies attached to it.  
oh, and he’s also chucking tenant farmers out and turning their homes into holiday lets. Cunt. 

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
Stinky Wizzleteats

Just had notice that my John Lewis credit card is closing. Previously it was run by HSBC, but as of Oct 31st its closing and won't be replaced by anything else apparently

(I don't keep a balance on my card and the occasional gift voucher was a nice bonus)

• Agree 2
  • Informative 3

1 hour ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

Just had notice that my John Lewis credit card is closing. Previously it was run by HSBC, but as of Oct 31st its closing and won't be replaced by anything else apparently

(I don't keep a balance on my card and the occasional gift voucher was a nice bonus)

HSBC has lost the contract and is being replaced by Newday. Because it’s a new company, you would need to make a new application.

That’s my understanding of how it will work, not really looked into it so could be wrong. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

Just read some info and as an existing customer you should receive an invitation to apply for the new credit card, should include a transfer code that makes the process easier apparently. Don’t know when that will be though. 

• Agree 1

On 09/08/2022 at 09:40, spygirl said:

An exodus of over 50s who left the workforce during the Covid pandemic is fuelling wage inflation, says the boss of John Lewis.

Dame Sharon White said any government must think "really hard" about how to get more older people back into work.

The UK has seen one million people, mostly in their 50s, leave work since the start of the Covid-19 outbreak.

That "inevitably" causes wage inflation, said Dame Sharon.

But I was repeatedly told during the brexit debate that mass immigration had no effect on wages for Brits?

• Agree 6

8 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

But I was repeatedly told during the brexit debate that mass immigration had no effect on wages for Brits?

Fuck off you shit-posting nonce.

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Fuck off you shit-posting nonce.

XYY

Eh, fallen off the wagon already.

I and my fellow methodists will pray for your liver tonight.

Hari Krisna,

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Fuck off you kiddie-fiddling cunt.

XYY

Dear Spunko,

I wish to  flounce off this forum and take all my posts with me.

The poster known as Great Guy called me a nonce.

Regards

XYY man.

3 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Dear Spunko,

I wish to  flounce off this forum and take all my posts with me.

The poster known as Great Guy called me a nonce.

Regards

XYY man.

Fuck off you kiddie-fiddling cunt.

XYY

• Lol 1

46 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Shut the fuck up andy.

24 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

No wonder TT electronics got rid of you...

21 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Do you talk to gloria that way?

@spunko

You banned @THEFREEMAN for two weeks for threatening to "dox" me even though he never actually did, and yet you let this kiddie-fiddling creepy cunt gets away with revealing my name, my previous employer and now my wife's name.

This creepy piece of dogshit thinks he can intimidate me with this behaviour, and you are allowing it to happen, as you did his completely ridiculous accusations that I am a nonce, which were then repeated by scum like @haroldshand and @Stuey.

Sort this sick cunt and his bum-chums out you baldy cunt.

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 1

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

@spunko

You banned @THEFREEMAN for two weeks for threatening to "dox" me even though he never actually did, and yet you let this kiddie-fiddling creepy cunt get away with revealing my name, my previous employer and now my wife's name.

This creepy piece of dogshit thinks he can intimidate me with this behaviour, and you are allowing it to happen, as you did his completely ridiculous accusations that I am a nonce, which were then repeated by scum like @haroldshand and @Stuey.

Sort this sick cunt and his bum-chums out you baldy cunt.

XYY

Nobody would know your name if you didn't tell them. You know my name. Thankyou for not telling anyone, as I am completely anonymous. Except for @Option5who knows who I am in real life.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MrPin said:

Nobody would know your name if you didn't tell them. You know my name. Thankyou for not telling anyone, as I am completely anonymous. Except for @Option5who knows who I am in real life.

That subject was discussed recently when @spunko banned @THEFREEMAN, and the consensus of opinion was that even if someone had given details about themselves away, it was still wrong for other posters to post such information. 

Secondly, at no point have I revealed the name of my previous employer, so this sick piece of shite @Great Guy is stalking me and trying to intimidate me by posting that information.

He is a cowardly piece of scumbag shite, who should be banned for life from this forum.

XYY

3 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The sooner you get back on the booze and drink yourself to death the better...

And the sooner you get locked up by the fuzz for being a creepy cunt the better.

Don't you ever try and intimidate me you creepy fucking bastard. You are neither man enough nor clever enough you sad sack of shite.

XYY